Pricesearcher Technology Group Limited (“we” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This notice applies to personal information provided by our users and other third parties whose data we process. In this notice “you” refers to any individual whose personal data we hold or process. This notice is governed by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by registering to use our services, filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, download our browser extension or a mobile app, subscribe to our service, search for a product, submit any content to us for inclusion on our site, participate in any interactive services on our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, date of birth and phone number. We refer to this information in this policy as “Registration Information”.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. We refer to this information in this policy as “Technical Information”;
- anonymised information about your browsing history, your use of the Site or Services and products you view or search. We do not and cannot associate this information with any given individual, we retain this information to understand how our services are used and to provide a better user experience and for market trend demographic analysis (see below). We refer to this information in this policy as “Aggregated Information”;
- personalised information about your browsing history. We may collect information about your browsing history and associate that with you as an individual in order to provide information and services relating to products you may be interested in, but we will only collect this information with your consent We refer to this information in this policy as “Browsing information”;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for or clicked to purchase; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number which we retain to understand how our services are used and to provide a better user experience. We refer to this information in this policy as “Site Information”;
- Information we receive from other sources. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. If we do obtain your personal data from a third party your privacy rights under this notice are not affected and you are still able to exercise the rights contained within this notice.
Legal Basis for collecting and using information
We process Registration Information, Technical Information, Aggregated Information and Site Information on the basis of the performance of our contract with you and on the basis of our legitimate interest in providing services to you.
We process Browsing information on the basis of your consent.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Technical Information, Browsing Information, Site Information
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We may use Aggregated Information to to understand how our services are used and to provide a better user experience and for market trend demographic analysis. Such information will only be sold or transferred to third parties in a form which is aggregated and completely anonymised. An example of this would be to provide information showing that eg, 90% of the searches performed in respect of a given product have been made by men in the 70-85 age group in a certain geographical location.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Retention of Data
Our current data retention policy is to delete or destroy (to the extent we are able to) personal data (excluding Aggregated Information) seven years after collecting the relevant data. Seven years being the length of time following a breach of contract in which a contract party is entitled to make a legal claim.
The retention periods stated in this notice can be prolonged or shortened as may be required (for example, in the event that legal proceedings apply to the data or if there is an on-going investigation into the data).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share Aggregated Information with selected third parties, including:
- Suppliers of products or services who offer their products or services for sale via our site (either directly or via an affiliate scheme), and whose site(s) you visit as a result of using our site.
- Affiliate schemes that provide product feeds that are included on our site.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Pricesearcher Technology Group Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- in order to enforce any terms and conditions or agreements for our services that may apply;
If we do supply your personal information to a third party we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights are protected and that third party complies with the terms of this notice.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
If we transfer your information outside of the EEA, and the third country or international organisation in question has not been deemed by the EU Commission to have adequate data protection laws, we will provide appropriate safeguards and we will be responsible for ensuring your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this notice.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your privacy rights
With respect to your personal data, you have the right to:
- request that your personal data will not be processed;
- ask for a copy of any personal data that we have about you;
- request a correction of any errors in or update of the personal data that we have about you;
- request that your personal data will not be used to contact you for direct marketing purposes;
- request that your personal data will not be used for profiling purposes;
- request that your personal data will not be used to contact you at all;
- request that your personal data be transferred or exported to another organisation, or deleted from our records; or
at any time, withdraw any permission you have given us to process your personal data
All requests or notifications in respect of your above rights may be sent to us in writing at the contact details listed below. We will endeavour to comply with such requests as soon as possible but in any event we will comply within one month of receipt (unless a longer period of time to respond is reasonable by virtue of the complexity or number of your requests).
If personal data we hold about you is subject to a breach or unauthorised disclosure or access, we will report this to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and/or our data protection manager.
If a breach is likely to result in a risk to your data rights and freedoms, we will notify you as soon as possible.
If we are unable to resolve any issues you may have or you would like to make a further complaint, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office by visiting http://www.ico.org.uk/ for further assistance.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors, and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
- Search Services. Some of the web search services provided herein are provided by providers of third party web search services. For information on the web search services data collection, please visit the end user privacy statements of CodeFuel at http://www.codefuel.com/legal/end_user_privacy_policy and of Verizon Media https://www.verizonmedia.com/policies/us/en/verizonmedia/privacy/index.html, both as updated from time to time and at any successor locations”.